Fostering a large dog requires larger treats! The hot humid days of summer require cold treats! Here's a way to satisfy both!
Try making it with bone broth, chicken stock or fruit juice. Instead of dog treats use small pieces of meat, fruit or vegetables. You'll soon discover your pup's favorite flavor combo. Once frozen this can be sliced and saved for individual servings. For smaller dogs like Kirby I usually make it in those little plastic bathroom cups.
The Big Bonesicle
Cook Time: None
Freeze Time: 2-4 hours
Nutrition facts: Calories depend on the dog treats used
- 4 cups bone broth
- 1 bag of small dog treats
- Pour prepared broth into a bundt pan. For smaller dogs you may want to prepare individual servings in the little plastic bathroom cups.
- Add the treats which will sink to the bottom.
- Place in the freezer until frozen solid.
- When ready to serve, place bottom of bundt pan in warm water for a few seconds. Turn over onto a baking sheet or directly onto the grass. Either way this MUST be served outside to avoid a messy mess!