This is the same recipe as my Baked Fish Cakes but with sardines, hence the smaller amount and size of patties. Still good and still inexpensive to make.Read More
Kirby loves sardines. Usually I just chop some up and add to his meal. Kirby also loves cottage cheese. I was in a festive mood so I decided to be a little creative since I'm sure he appreciated the extra effort!
Now before you say gross consider this: Sardines are a popular Italian fish which are rich in vitamins and minerals to support proper nervous system function and convert food into energy, are also a natural source of marine omega-3 fatty acids, and because they are low in the food chain, they are very low in contaminants.
Nutrition facts: 650 calories, 380 calories from fat Total fat: 42.2g or 65% (15.9g saturated fat, 0.0g trans fat)
- 2 (3.75 oz) cans sardines packed in oil
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1 pear, peeled and finely minced
- Drain the sardines and puree in blender.
- Scoop into center of bowl.
- Heap cottage cheese around the mound of sardines.
- Top with the chopped pears and serve.
Why not mix it up! Pick a fave cheese. Pick a fave veggie. Pick a fave fruit. The combinations are endless ...and fun ...and healthy ...and tasty!
Yum to the last lick!