This is one of those "hmmm let's see what we have in the freezer" kind of meals. The majority of Kirby's meals are wet so I decided to stay with this drier version. I also decided not to cook the veggies to retain that crunch he likes but I still finely chopped them with my blender to ensure his body can absorb all the nutrients.Read More
Chazuke is a light rice dish popular in Japan. As "chai" means tea in Japanese, hot green tea is simply poured over steamed rice and various toppings. Leftover steamed rice is often used for this dish. This is my dog friendly version which can easily be shared with the humans.Read More
Chicken and Rice
This is a simple light meal for any dog that's feeling a bit under the weather.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup parboiled rice
1. Boil chicken breasts until thoroughly cooked.
2. Remove breasts from pot saving broth.
3. Shred meat and place in large bowl. The easiest way is using two forks.
4. Cook 1 cup rice according to directions to make three cups. Add to bowl.
5. Mix well adding enough broth to make the mixture a desired consistency.
6. Let cool and serve.
This makes a lot so I freeze the extra. Don't add any seasonings, including sea salt, if you plan to feed this to a dog with an upset tummy. The same way chicken soup is good for us when we are sick, this recipe is good for your ailing dog.