Chazuke is a light rice dish popular in Japan. As "chai" means tea in Japanese, hot green tea is simply poured over steamed rice and various toppings. Leftover steamed rice is often used for this dish. This is my dog friendly version which can easily be shared with the humans.Read More
I’m always trying to think outside of the box when it comes to Kirby’s meals and treats to give him a wide variety of flavors and textures. We were at a favorite Chinese buffet the other day when it happened again. There in all its glory was a soup filled with fish balls. I was already taking down notes on my phone since the Kirbster very much loves fish and seafood.Read More
Kirby eats a lot of chicken and red meat. Fish is another healthy option he dearly loves. I happened to catch some catfish on sale but any white fish would work. Kirby laps up the broth but you can omit the water if you want a thicker stew.
Coconut Fish Soup
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Nutrition facts: 272 Calories each, 149 Calories from fat each Total fat: 16.6g or 25% (13.8g saturated fat, 0.0g trans fat)
- 2 lbs catfish nuggets
- 3 chopped small sweet potatoes
- 1 (12 oz) bag Broccoli Slaw (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage)
- 2 cups green peas
- 2 (13.5 oz) cans coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 (5 oz) bag dried mixed berries (cranberries, blueberries, cherries)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground egg shell
- Using a food processor finely chop the broccoli slaw which will help it cook faster and makes it easier for a dog's digestive system.
- Rinse and dry the fish, deboning if needed, then cut into small pieces.
- In large pot bring coconut milk and water to a slow boil. Add sweet potatoes, broccoli slaw, peas, and dried berries. Add seasonings.
- Simmer over low heat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fish and let simmer for twenty minutes or until fish and veggies are thoroughly cooked.
- Let cool and serve.
I freeze this soup in two cup plastic containers for up to three months. It should last up to seven days in the refrigerator.