I concocted this yummy cake especially for Kirby's 4th barkday. It just amazes me how the time has flown by. He still acts like a puppy with his energy and silly antics. This sweet boy loves meat so I knew that would be a must have ingredient.Read More
Is your canine companion having a special occasion? A Barkday Party? Furry company coming for a play date? Maybe it's just a glorious summer day worth celebrating? These cute pupcakes are bursting with healthy flavors and antioxidants your dog is craving!
Blueberry Pup Cakes
Calories from fat: 102/51/205
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes for mini muffins or 22 - 27 minutes for regular size muffins. Muffins are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins**.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Store individually wrapped in saran wrap in the refrigerator for up to a week. When ready to serve top with frosting.
Frosting (for 12 large, 24 mini, 6 pupcakes)
Calories from fat: 2/1/5
- 1 8-oz package low fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Let cream cheese come to room temperature.
- Mix thoroughly and frost pup cakes.
**We live near Mississippi State University which means we are in "bulldog country" so it's easy to find just about anything bulldog related. I picked up the silicone muffin pan which makes six 4x4x1 inch paw shaped cakes. You can visit FanPan an online store that caters to the college crowd. You can order 100% FDA approved silicone cake pans, muffin pans and ice cube trays in assorted collegiate shapes and sizes.