I believe in cleaning up Kirby's poop which is why a bag dispenser is attached to his leash handle. In fact, I think if everyone cleaned up after their dog, more places would allow dogs. So this is a good law.
We need laws in order to keep chaos at bay. Some are good, some not so much, and then there are the oh so ridiculous ones that make you say, "Seriously, what reason could have possibly caused someone to enact this law?"
Read on for a laugh or two, and if you find you're guilty, plead for mercy!
- In North Carolina, it is against the law to use elephants to plow cotton fields.
- People can be fined, arrested or jailed for making ugly faces at a dog in Oklahoma.
- It is illegal to take a French Poodle to the opera in Chicago.
- In Texas, it’s illegal to put graffiti on someone else’s cow.
- In Oklahoma, it is illegal to get a fish drunk.
- If the admission fee is paid before they enter, horses in Burns, Oregon, are allowed in the town’s taverns.
- Cats in International Falls, Minnesota, are not allowed to chase dogs up telephone poles.
- Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited by statute in Barber, North Carolina.
- In New York, donkeys are not allowed to sleep in bathtubs.
- In Baltimore, Maryland, it is necessary to document any services performed by a jackass.
- In Seattle, goldfish can ride the city buses in bowls only if they keep still.
- Fowl, particularly roosters, are prohibited from entering bakeries in McDonald, Ohio.
- No chicken may cross any road within the city limits of Quitman, Georgia.
- In Kansas, it’s illegal to steal a chicken during the day.
- In Atlanta, it’s against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or a street lamp.
- In Pennsylvania, it is illegal to shoot bullfrogs on a Sunday.
- Horses in Marshalltown, Iowa, are not allowed to eat fire hydrants.
- In Cumberland, Maryland, you cannot keep your chickens with you in your hotel room.
- In Wilbur, Washington, it is against the law for a person to “ride an ugly horse” - the fine is $300.
- On Friday the 13th, all black cats were once legally required to wear bells in French Lick Springs, Indiana.
- Crocodiles are prohibited from being tied to fire hydrants in Detroit, Michigan.
- In Minnesota, it’s illegal to tease skunks.
- Riding a camel on a highway in Nevada is against the law.
- In Galveston, Texas, it is illegal for camels to wander the streets unattended.
Compiled by Springtime, Inc.