It's summer. It's hot. Your dog needs hydration. Why not make it nutritional like this one packed with spinach for powerful antioxidant protection and bone-supportive nutrients including calcium and magnesium, green tea for brain function and lower risk of cancer, and local honey for allergies. It has just enough sweetness from the fruit which completely covers the spinach and can be fed as a refreshing drink (add some crushed ice for a slushie smoothie) or frozen for quick pick me ups anytime.
I love these too but I like to add a little stevia to my glass.
Secret Spinach Smoothie
Cook Time: None
Nutrition facts: 138 calories, 4 from fat
- 1 cup packed baby spinach (fresh, stems removed)
- 2 bananas
- 3 kiwis
- 1 cup decaffeinated green tea
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Brew the green tea and set aside to cool.
- Peel and chop the kiwis. Slice the bananas.
- Place all the ingredients except the chia seeds in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the chia seeds.
- Pour into a container with lid and place in the refrigerator for about thirty minutes to let the chia seeds gell.
- Serve cold or freeze in individual sized molds or ice cube trays.