Dry kibble is hard on a dog's digestive system causing the kidneys to work hard. If you must feed dry kibble, or that's simply what you can afford, here's a quick, easy way to add flavor and moisture to kibble.
You can also make a gravy using instant mashed potato flakes. Grind the flakes into a flour using a food processor or blender. Whisk in a teaspoon at a time to the warm broth until you have a gravy consistency.
Cook Time: 1 minute
Nutrition facts: 4 Calories per Tbsp., 1 Calorie from fat Total fat: 0.1g or 0% (0.0g saturated fat, 0.0g trans fat)
- 1 cup bone broth or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Warm the broth in a small pot over low heat.
- Whisk together the arrowroot with the water until dissolved.
- Add the dissolved arrowroot mixture to the warm broth using a whisk.
- Remove from the heat as soon as the broth thickens (about 30 seconds to 1 minute) because overheating will break down arrowroot’s thickening properties.
- Add in the seasonings