- 1/2 cup (125 mls/60gms) turmeric powder
- 1 cup water (250 mls) PLUS 1 cup water in reserve, if needed
- 1/3 cup (70 mls) Raw/Cold Pressed/Unrefined Coconut/Flaxseed-Linseed Oil, Virgin/Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Please Note: the amount of pepper added has recently been increased (May 2016) on Doug English’s recommendations.
Omit pepper if you cannot tolerate it. The absorption of turmeric will still be improved by cooking the paste AND by the inclusion of oil, BUT remember it will be less effective without the pepper.
1. Place turmeric and water in pan, stirring over gentle heat until you have a thick paste. This should take about 7-10 minutes and you may need to add additional water along the way.
2. Add the freshly ground pepper and oil AT THE END of cooking. Stir well (a whisk is ideal) to incorporate the oil and allow to cool.
The Golden Paste will keep for 2 weeks, refrigerated
Freeze a portion if you think you have too much to use within two weeks.
Use for Golden Milk, Smoothies, stir into Yogurt, add to your dinner plate as a condiment… AND don’t forget your pet’s dinner plate or your horse feed … run wild!