I've had this tenderloin in my freezer for about 3 months so I decided I needed to cook it. I was pleasantly surprised at how tender and tasty it turned out. The low calories make it perfect for both the dogs and the humans.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Nutrition facts: 49 Calories per slice, 37 Calories from fat per slice Total fat: 4.2g or 6% (1.5g starurated fat, 0.0 trans fat)
- 1 elk tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- Place the tenderloin in a closeable container. Mix the coconut milk, garlic powder, and rosemary to make a marinade and pour over the sirloin. Let it soak in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and sear the meat on all sides over medium high heat.
- Place it on an oiled broiler rack. Cook at 450 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from bakers’ rack and let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.