I love, love, love ice cream. So much that I eat it almost every day. One of my absolute favorites is Private Selection Chocolate Cinnamon Ice Cream which they have stopped making. A very sad day in the life of ice cream until I came across this easy base recipe from Kevin & Amanda. Be sure to check them out for other delicious flavor combos.
I would classify it more as a creamy frozen dessert thank ice cream but It's so easy and I don't need to purchase an ice cream maker. There are so many flavors I'm going to test out. In fact, I can now have a new flavor every week that's cheaper than the grocery store! My heart be still!
I know we are all about canine recipes but this is one for the humans I just couldn't keep to myself. Replace the chocolate with melted carob and you can share with your pup - just watch the high calories!
Cinnamon Chocolate Ice Cream (makes 16-1/2 cup servings)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: None
Freeze Time: 2-4 hours>
Calories from fat: 96
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Smucker’s Milk Chocolate Ice Cream Topping
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in a large bowl.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk, ice cream topping, and cinnamon in large bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into a 2-quart container and cover.
- Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
Store in the freezer for up to three months.