It's been said chicken noodle soup is soup for the soul. Kirby and Kenzie lap up every drop of this healing bowl of goodness so why not fix a bowl for your dog?
This versatile nutritious meal will be a pup pleaser whether served cold in the summer or warmed in the winter. If sharing I would leave out the ground chicken bones which leave a gritty taste your pup will love but you, not so much.
Chicken Noodle Soup
Cook Time: 2 – 3 hours
Nutrition facts: 153 calories , 4.4 calories from fat Total fat: 6% (1.2g saturated fat, 0.0g trans fat)
- 1 whole chicken or 2 ½ lbs chicken thighs
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground egg shell
- filtered water
- 4 oz angel hair or thin pasta
- Place skinned chicken in crockpot or dutch oven and cover with water.
- Finely dice vegetables and add to pot.
- Stir in egg shell and seasonings.
- Let cook on high for several hours until chicken is cooked and vegetables are soft.
- Remove chicken, debone and shred. Add back to pot.
- Break spaghetti into small pieces and add to pot. Let simmer on low heat until noodles are cooked.
- Let cool and serve.
This can be kept in the refrigerator up to seven days or in the freezer up to three months.