Movie night and you want something savory to munch on? If you're cutting back on the chips and you're tired of popcorn try this easy, cheesy treat you can share with your pups. The taste will remind you of a loaded baked potato but in a finger food friendly kind of way.
Cheesy Mashed Taters
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Nutrition facts: 47 calories, 31 from fat
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- In a medium pot bring the water and sea salt to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the almond milk, yogurt and potato flakes.
- Move to a large bowl and mix in the cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Spoon the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spread evenly about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 - 50 minutes until the bottom and edges are browned and crispy.
- Remove and let cool. Cut squares using a knife or pizza cutter.
I don't think they're as good the day after as they lose their crispness. Luckily we don't ever have any leftovers but they can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for a few days.