Thanksgiving is almost here so while everyone is in grocery store mode getting ready for cooking mode I thought I would share my top Thanksgiving meals and treats just in case you're thinking of a little sharing of the holiday meal with your pups. You can plan ahead and, as you are making your individual dishes, set aside scoops before you start seasoning them up for the humans to avoid any harmful seasonings to dogs. These can be made ahead of the big day or afterwards from the leftovers.
1. Thanksgiving Dinner An easy dinner filled with traditional Thanksgiving flavors that will be sure to make your dog bow his head in prayer.
2. Turkey Burgers These are great to make using leftover turkey that's been ground or finely chopped.
3. Roasted Sweet Potatoes Crispy on the outside but moist on the inside, these are an easy side dish or snack for both humans and canines.
4. Turkey N Rye Meaty Bones One of Kirby's all time faves any time of the year but expected around the holidays. I can't find my original pictures but trust me when I say these were a huge hit when we were selling at the festivals and. when given a choice, Kirby picked these over other popular name brand dog treats.
5. Pumpkin Cran Muffins Another healthy favorite treat close enough to pumpkin pie to keep Kirby's sweet tooth happy.
6. Pumpkin Puppucinos These quick treats can be warmed for 20 seconds in the microwave. They're also a good preventative in case your pup gets an upset tummy from eating something he's not used to since pumpkin regulates both constipation and diarrhea.
7. Maple Cinnamon Chicken Jerky Make these before the big day so your pup has something delish to munch when he becomes overwhelmed with the enticing aromas wafting from the kitchen. If you should catch a good deal you can slice a raw turkey breast into strips to use in place of the chicken.