My step-mom made this for me one Christmas and I haven't seen one I like better! It's quite elegant, designed to fit any decor, and so simple to make.
- Picture Frame in your style and size
- Aluminum sheet
- Tin snips
- Glazier Points
- Permanent Marker
1. Remove the backing and glass from the frame and discard. Garage sales and flea markets are great places to find really nice frames with missing glass at very low prices.
2. Using a ruler measure the inside of the opening of the frame including the inner lip of the frame where the glass sat.
3. Using your measurements and ruler, now draw the same size onto the aluminum sheet with permanent marker. For instance, if the opening measured 5 inches by 8 inches, draw a 5 by 8 inch rectangle on the Aluminum sheet. Cut out the desired size using tin snips making sure to cut on the outside of your lines. Center the piece over the back of the frame to make sure it fits again overlapping the inner lip of the frame where the glass sat.
4. Use the glazier points to hold the sheet flush against the frame.
5. Attach two small sawtooth picture hangers to the back of the frame for hanging. You could also display it in a frame holder on the dresser or bathroom counter.
You now have an earring frame ready to display your hanging earrings in both a functional and stylish way. Mine is conveniently hanging in my bedroom next to my dresser where my jewelry box sit.
These make great gifts for the girls you know. So have I inspired you to get creative?