Crispy on the outside, moist on the inside, these tasty morsels of potato filled with succulent lamb are truly like nuggets of gold. They'll have your dog doing every trick he knows. So go ahead, treat him like the pampered pooch he deserves to be.
Lamb Nuggets (makes ____)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups potato flour*
- 1/4 cup dry milk
- 1 cup lamb, cooked and shredded**
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons lamb broth
- Combine the flour, dry milk, parsley, and rosemary in a medium size bowl.
- Mix in the lamb and add the eggs and the broth.
- Using a scoop, or your hands, form small balls and place on lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Turn off oven and leave in for about thirty minutes.
These can be kept in the refrigerator for several weeks or in the freezer for several months. Kirby loves these nuggets so I probably won't be sharing them with the dogs in the bank drive thru.
* Instant mashed potatoes can be finely ground into a flour. Be sure you choose a 100% potato brand such as Idaho Mashed Potatoes.
**See Braised Lamb for instruction on how to cook the lamb.