Tasty Turkey Dinner
Sometimes I like to be quite creative when creating a recipe for the Kirbster. Sometimes simple is good. This is as simple as it gets - just chop, blend and bake. Kirby knows what he does and doesn't like. For example he will not eat carrots or green beans so this is a great way to sneak them into his diet.
Leftover cooked turkey, or chicken, can always be ground or finely chopped so this recipe comes in handy time and again.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Yields: 8 mini loaves
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 red apple
- 1 - 14.5 oz can green beans
- 1 - 14.5 oz can baby carrots
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
1. Place ground turkey in large bowl and add egg.
2. Puree or finely chop the apple, green beans and carrots and add to the bowl.
3. Add seasonings.
4. Add oats.
5. Using your hands thoroughly mix the ingredients until well combined. Scoop into lightly oiled muffin or loaf tins.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
7. Remove from oven and let cool about 15 minutes before removing from tin.
These will freeze well. I place them in ziplock bags and take out one to thaw when needed. Kirby eats one cup of food per day. He likes kibble for breakfast and receives half of one of these for dinner.