I concocted this yummy cake especially for Kirby's 4th barkday. It just amazes me how the time has flown by. He still acts like a puppy with his energy and silly antics. This sweet boy loves meat so I knew that would be a must have ingredient. Doug had just smoked a ham earlier in the week and, since I had a bag of bacon bits, this was pretty easy to come up with.
The Kirbylicious Barkday Cake
Calories from fat: 35/70/140
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded ham
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Thoroughly combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into silicone molds, greased muffin tins, or greased cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 15 minutes before moving to cooling rack.
Frosting (for 12 large, 24 mini, 6 pupcakes)
Calories from fat: 17/34/68
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Hormel real bacon bits
- Let cream cheese come to room temperature and blend in maple syrup. You can microwave a few seconds if it's difficult to mix.
- Stir in the bacon bits.
- Frost completely cooled cakes.
Kirby doesn't get a lot of ham because it's rather fatty so this is perfect for those special occasions.