Kirby eats a lot of chicken and red meat. Fish is another healthy option he dearly loves. I happened to catch some catfish on sale but any white fish would work. Kirby laps up the broth but you can omit the water if you want a thicker stew.
Coconut Fish Soup
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Nutrition facts: 272 Calories each, 149 Calories from fat each Total fat: 16.6g or 25% (13.8g saturated fat, 0.0g trans fat)
- 2 lbs catfish nuggets
- 3 chopped small sweet potatoes
- 1 (12 oz) bag Broccoli Slaw (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage)
- 2 cups green peas
- 2 (13.5 oz) cans coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 (5 oz) bag dried mixed berries (cranberries, blueberries, cherries)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground egg shell
- Using a food processor finely chop the broccoli slaw which will help it cook faster and makes it easier for a dog's digestive system.
- Rinse and dry the fish, deboning if needed, then cut into small pieces.
- In large pot bring coconut milk and water to a slow boil. Add sweet potatoes, broccoli slaw, peas, and dried berries. Add seasonings.
- Simmer over low heat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fish and let simmer for twenty minutes or until fish and veggies are thoroughly cooked.
- Let cool and serve.
I freeze this soup in two cup plastic containers for up to three months. It should last up to seven days in the refrigerator.