Kirby loves sardines. Usually I just chop some up and add to his meal. Kirby also loves cottage cheese. I was in a festive mood so I decided to be a little creative since I'm sure he appreciated the extra effort!
Now before you say gross consider this: Sardines are a popular Italian fish which are rich in vitamins and minerals to support proper nervous system function and convert food into energy, are also a natural source of marine omega-3 fatty acids, and because they are low in the food chain, they are very low in contaminants.
Nutrition facts: 650 calories, 380 calories from fat Total fat: 42.2g or 65% (15.9g saturated fat, 0.0g trans fat)
- 2 (3.75 oz) cans sardines packed in oil
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1 pear, peeled and finely minced
- Drain the sardines and puree in blender.
- Scoop into center of bowl.
- Heap cottage cheese around the mound of sardines.
- Top with the chopped pears and serve.
Why not mix it up! Pick a fave cheese. Pick a fave veggie. Pick a fave fruit. The combinations are endless ...and fun ...and healthy ...and tasty!
Yum to the last lick!