These cookies have just enough mint to freshen that doggie breath and the aroma that fills the kitchen while they bake is oh so divine. Kirby gave them four paws up!
Calories from fat: 5
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup dry milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- Finely chop the mint and parsley. I have my own small herb garden but you can purchase fresh herbs at the grocery store. Otherwise use the peppermint oil and dried parsley.
- Thoroughly mix together all the ingredients adding a little water if the dough is too dry.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut out shapes with cookie cutters. I wanted a simple round shape so I used my biscuit cutters.
- Place on lined cookie sheet. They can be close together since they won’t spread. Brush with egg wash (lightly whipped egg white) if desired for a little shine.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
These are a hard cookie which will keep in an air tight container for at least a week and several months if frozen.