Want something healthy and super easy for those days you have a long doggie excursion planned requiring lots of energy from fido? This make ahead breakfast is chock full of wholesome deliciousness dogs will devour.
Dogs are carnivores by nature so I only prepare this once in a while since there is no meat.
210 Calories, 27 Calories from fat
Total fat: 3.0g or 5% (0.5g saturated fat, 0.0g trans fat)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk*
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple
- Mix together all ingredients in a container with lid.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning stir and serve. I threw in some bacon bits.
* Kirby likes his with almond milk but feel free to use lowfat milk, coconut milk, or rice milk. He also likes it heated for about 15 seconds in the microwave, actually he likes all of his meals warmed.
** chopped fresh fruit can be added in the morning. If using dried fruit then do add it the night before to give it time to absorb moisture to plump up.