It's almost Halloween and that song "Do The Monster Mash" is in my head so it was no surprize I reached for the box of instant mashed potatoes when concocting this recipe. It was a hit with both the Kirbster and our current foster boy, Odie! In fact, they each received one muffin until they both began begging for another. So it appears one and a half is a good portion size for small dogs!
Monster Mashed Muttins
Nutrition facts: 120 Calories, 28 Calories from fat: Total fat: 3.3g or 5% (1.2g saturated fat, 0.0g trans fat)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can asparagus, drained and pureed
- 1 (4 oz) jar squash baby food
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground egg shell
- In large bowl thoroughly mix together all ingredients.
- Evenly pat mixture into olive oil sprayed muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Let cool and remove for serving.
These can be stored in zip-lock freezer bags in the freezer for several months.