Honey Apple Delights
The other day a friend of mine at the bank brought us a Honey Apple Bundt Cake she had made which was absolutely delish! I brought an extra slice home and ended up giving Kirby a bite or two since I can't seem to resist those sweet brown eyes. He loved it too which could only mean I needed to devise a honey and apple dog cookie for him with much less sugar.
An interesting tidbit is the Jewish Feast of Trumpets where the apples and honey symbolize the sweetness of the Lord and the sweet year to come. I'm not Jewish but we can all use a little more sweetness this year.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 ½ cups brown rice flour
- ½ cup clover honey
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
2. Roll out to 1/4 inch thick and cut using cookie cutter of choice.
3. Place on parchment lined baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. They can be placed close together since they won't spread while baking.
4. Turn off oven and leave for roughly thirty minutes.
These can be stored in a closed container in the refrigerator for at least a week.