Kirby has a sweet tooth so I like to make him sweet tasting treats. However, he loves the flavor of meat the most. I was in the mood to bake, not to mention there wasn't a treat left in my house. Searching my pantry I discovered a bag of Hormel Real Bacon and thought why not? Here's my latest concoction using bacon and ingredients I had on hand.
Barkin Bacon Bites Dog Treats
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Calories from fat: 3
- 1 ¾ cups oat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 (3 oz.) package real bacon bits
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large eggs
- Thoroughly mix together all ingredients in a large bowl. Place in refrigerator for about 10 minutes to chill which will make it less sticky.
- Roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness using a sheet of wax paper between the dough and the roller. Cut with your favorite cookie cutter.
- Place on lined baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned on bottoms.
- Turn off oven and leave for a few hours.