Pupperoni Pizza Pies
Kirby didn't like my first recipe concoction. So in the second batch I used less rye flour (has a slightly sour taste) and added oat flour and discarded the rosemary seasoning. He likes them but not a favorite. Funny thing is if I offer him one he will sniff it and walk away. If I break one open and offer it he gobbles it up. I'm curious to know what other doggers think...
- 1 ¾ cups rye flour*
- 1 cup oat flour*
- ½ cup (3.5 oz) pepperoni, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan & Romano cheese, grated or shredded
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp parsley
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
1. Thoroughly mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Roll out to a 1/4 inch thick and cut with favorite cookie cutter or just use a pizza cutter.
3. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. They will not spread so they can be placed close together.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for up to 15 minutes or until golden brown on bottom. Let cool on wire rack.
These can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week or freezer for up to one month.