Don't have a dehydrator? Here's an easy recipe for turkey jerky that can be baked in the oven.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Puree the meat with the olive oil in a food processor.
2. Using a spatula or your hands, spread it out on a parchment paper lined baking pan.
3. Bake at 200 degrees for 2 hours leaving the oven door slightly ajar to let moisture escape.
4. Remove from the oven and slice into strips or bite size pieces. You can use a knife but a pizza cutter is amazingly quick and easy.
5. Place pieces, flipped over, back on pan and return to the oven. You may need to replace the parchment paper. Continue baking for 3 more hours with the door ajar. Turn off the oven and leave in until the pieces are dry and leathery.
They can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for a week.
If you want to use a dehydrator be sure to place the raw meat on parchment paper to keep the juices from dripping. Check often and use a paper towel to dab the tops to remove the juices as the jerky cooks.
These are healthy yummy chews your dog will love. Just ask Kirby!