Chicken and Rice
This is a simple light meal for any dog that's feeling a bit under the weather.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup parboiled rice
1. Boil chicken breasts until thoroughly cooked.
2. Remove breasts from pot saving broth.
3. Shred meat and place in large bowl. The easiest way is using two forks.
4. Cook 1 cup rice according to directions to make three cups. Add to bowl.
5. Mix well adding enough broth to make the mixture a desired consistency.
6. Let cool and serve.
This makes a lot so I freeze the extra. Don't add any seasonings, including sea salt, if you plan to feed this to a dog with an upset tummy. The same way chicken soup is good for us when we are sick, this recipe is good for your ailing dog.